Abrey, Neale - 1998
Adams, Nancy - 1980
Anderson, Boyd - 1987
Barry Andrew - 2016
Appleby, Frank - 1975
Atkinson, Roy - 1990
Auld, Hedley - 1973
Austenson, Herman Milton - 1999
Nancy Adams, leader of rural women's organizations at the local, provincial, national and international levels, was born Nancy Foster in Yorkshire, England, May 3, 1908. While still a small child she moved with her family to Canada, settling first in Calgary. In 1920 when she was 12 the Fosters moved to Saskatchewan and she completed her secondary education at Loreburn.
She took teacher's training at Regina Normal School and then went on to the University of Saskatchewan where she graduated in 1931 with a bachelor of arts degree. She taught school until 1935 when she married J. Wilburn Adams and moved to his farm near Ethelton.
In 1938 she helped organize a Homemakers' Club at Ethelton and she progressed from there to become president of the Association of Homemakers' Club of Saskatchewan, 1948-1951; president of the Federated Women's Institutes of Canada, 1953-57, and area vice-president for Canada of the Associated Country Women of the World, 1957-62.
She was the only woman commissioner on the Saskatchewan Royal Commission on Agriculture and Rural Life which, beginning in 1952, drew up a master plan for rural development in the province. Interested in rural adult education, she served many years on the Saskatchewan Library Advisory Council. She was chairman of citizenship and international relations on the National Council of Women. She was a member of the Canadian Council of 4-H Clubs. She served on the board of governor6 of the University of Saskatchewan and as a member of the advisory council to the Federal Department of Citizenship and Immigration. Locally she served as school unit trustee and in her church was choir leader and Christian education teacher.
Nancy Adams received an honorary doctor of laws degree from the University of Saskatchewan in 1956 and in 1975 was awarded the Order of Canada.
"Nominated for the Saskatchewan Agricultural Hall of Fame
by the Saskatchewan Women’s Institutes, 1980."